RALSTON’S 57th ANNUAL INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION
2017 Schedule of Events ~ This year’s parade theme: “Happy 150th Birthday Nebraska”
MONDAY, JULY 3rd
* Archives Museum Open House: 4:00 - 6:30 pm at the Frank & Velma Johnson Ralston Archives Museum, Park Dr & Woodlawn Ave. FREE!
* Picnic In The Park: 5:30 - 7:30 pm at Ralston Park, 80th & Park Dr. Sponsored by Ralston Area Chamber, City of Ralston, Frank & Velma Johnson Archives Museum, Trinity United Methodist Church ~Picnic & Music: Live music by: John Worsham Trio, Food and beverage available for purchase. Served by Trinity United Methodist Church ~Pie Baking Contest/Pie & Ice Cream Social: Pies must be at park between 3-4 pm. Pie and ice cream available for purchase during picnic
* FAMILY STREET DANCE ~"Ralston’s own DJ Gordie Z” 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., 77th & Main St. A family event. Bring the family and have some fun! This is a non-alcohol event Sponsored by: Ralston Area Chamber of Commerce - FREE!
TUESDAY, JULY 4th
* OPTIMISTS INDEPENDENCE DAY FUN RUN/WALK~Independence Square, 77th & Main Street Gazebo~Sponsorships Available ~More information call: 402-680-1023 or 402-990-4154. Entries include a T-shirt! This is one of the oldest runs in Nebraska! 7:50 a.m. One Mile Walk/Run and 8:00 a.m. Three Mile Race https://runsignup.com/Race/NE/Omaha/RalstonIndependenceDayFunRunWalk2015
* QUILT SHOW “Independence City Quilters and Friends”~ 10:00 a.m.-12p.m. Ralston Baright Public Library, 5555 S. 77th St.
* CHILDREN’S PARADE~ No registration required ~ 6th Grade & Under. Line-up 9:30 a.m. Children’s Parade starts at 10:00 a.m. at 5505 Miller Ave. - Chamber Office – Led by Ralston Mayor, Don Groesser FREE!
* MUSIC at INDEPENDENCE SQUARE ~Music 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Live music by Joey Gullizia & the G Notes 77th & Main St. FREE!
* INDEPENDENCE DAY PARADE~1:00 p.m. 57th ANNUAL Parade starts at 80th & Highland - ending at 7400 Main St. Sponsored by: Ralston Area Chamber of Commerce. Our Parade emcee is KAT 103.7! Parade Marshal and Citizen of the Year is Larry Jacobsen
*FIRE DEPARTMENT WATERFIGHTS following parade 77th and Main St.~ Sponsored by: Ralston Volunteer Fire Department FREE! *CHICKEN DINNER-~Legion 74th & Q St. 12:00-4:00 p.m., (Chicken fingers for the kiddos) Sponsored by: Ralston American Legion Post #373 Auxiliary.
*OUTDOOR BEER GARDEN & LIVE MUSIC at the Legion~5:00-11:30 pm, 74th & Q St. * enter @ door for live music $5 cover charge. Sponsored by: Ralston American Legion Post #373 Auxiliary.
*FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR~Dusk (approx. 9:30 p.m.) Ralston Arena, 72nd & Q St., Synchronized to music over FM Radio KAT 103.7 Grand Finale Sponsor: Great Western Bank
WEDNESDAY, JULY 5th
* RAFFLE DRAWING Wednesday, 1:00 p.m. (need not be present to win) - Ralston Area Chamber office, 5505 Miller Ave. 402-339-7737 Sponsored by: Ralston Area Chamber of Commerce and Business Members